In a video posted on his website he said he "loved" it in Phoenix and was excited to "serve the people here".
Who is Mark Driscoll?
- Was born in North Dakota in October 1970
- Founder of Mars Hill Church
- Stepped down over allegations of bullying
- Named in Preachers Magazines's 25 most influential pastors
- Once said there isn't any good young, UK Bible teachers
He said The Trinity Church would open in "early 2016".
In 2014 he stepped down as Pastor of Mars. He was accused of bullying and abusive behaviour.
In the video he said: "We love it here. We're glad to be here. We brought the five kids the bible and lots of hopes and dreams.
"Some of you will have questions. 'Where are we gonna meet?' I don't know. 'When are you gonna start?' I don't know. There's a lot of work to do."
His wife Grace Driscoll said she was excited and had a "healthy fear" about the new project.
"I'm excited. I'm excited to see people get saved, whoever God saves in this process. I'm excited to be in community with the people of Phoenix.
"I'm just excited to hear you preach. I think the kids are too."