Charles House, from Tyler, managed to escape his home after it caught fire.
He lived in a small storage unity that he had converted into a house while he was looking for a long term property.
Explaining his situation, Charles said: "I was living in a storage building while looking for a house. Unfortunately, the building caught on fire with all of [my] things in it."
All of Charles' possessions were destroyed in the fire bar one.
House's bible survived the flames.
Talking about his bible, Charles told local newspapers: "He said his word would not perish, and the Bible did not burn...it was scorched, but it did not burn."
He added: "You can take it away, but you can never stop his word. I'm a witness to that right now. Seeing that Bible, in the middle of that fire...it didn't burn that Bible."
Investigators on the scene determined that hazardous wiring in the building was the cause of the fire.
To help with the loss of his home, a GoFundMe page was set up and so far over $5,300 has been raised.
Charles' faith has inspired others online. Clyrissa Nathan donated saying: "It brought me joy to see u still praising God and giving a testimony about His word! God bless u!"
Stay up to date with the latest news stories from a Christian perspective. Sign up to our daily newsletter and receive more stories like this straight to your inbox every morning.