News by email Donate


World News

Worshippers taken to hospital in gas scare

by Ruth Sax

Worshippers attending church on Christmas Day in northern France were taken to hospital with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

People attending Christmas mass in Oise were taken in ambulances from Carlepont church after 21 members of the congregation complained of severe headaches.

The suspected carbon monoxide poisoning is believed to have been caused by a defective gas heater.

Two people were described as being in a serious condition after being admitted to hospital. The church has been closed.

A Monthly Gift Of $11 Makes A World Of Difference

In a world of fake news there’s never been a greater need for quality Christian journalism. Premier’s mission is to provide the Church with the most up to date and relevant news, told from a Christian perspective. But we can’t do it without you.

Unlike many websites we haven't put up a paywall — we want to keep our journalism free at the point of need and as open as we can. Premier’s news output takes a lot of time, money and hard work to produce. No one in the USA is sharing news like we are across radio, magazines and online so please help us to continue that today.

For a monthly gift of $11 or more we’d also be able to send you a free copy of the brand new Premier Bible, a wonderful Anglicised version of the NLT packed with exclusive bonus content, reading plan and resources to help you get the most out of scripture.

Your monthly support will make a world of difference. Thank you.

Support Us
Continue the conversation on our Facebook page

Related Articles

Sign up to our newsletter to stay informed with news from a Christian perspective.

News by email