A vicar accidentally set his arm on fire with a church candle during his first virtual service.
Reverend Simon Beach, of St Budeaux Parish Church in Plymouth, was preparing a pre-recorded sermon for his parishioners when the mishap took place.
He posted the "out-take" of his YouTube debut on social media.
In the video, Beach leans over a set of five candles as he delivers the final part of his sermon, before exclaiming: "Oh dear, I've just caught fire."
He said he had been teased by fellow vicars, who joked about "being on fire for Jesus" and telling him that he "should have waited for Pentecost".
"People have laughed and laughed, really," he told the PA news agency.
The vicar, who was not harmed explained that he simply felt his arm get "a bit hot".
Churches across the UK delivered online services this Mothering Sunday to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus at mass gatherings.
The Archbishop of Canterbury took his ministry to Facebook with a pre-recorded preach from the Crypt chapel at Lambeth Palace in which he encouraged worshippers to love others and turn to God in prayer.