The Archbishop of Canterbury will miss the Jubilee church service after testing positive for the coronavirus.
The Service of Thanksgiving for The Queen's reign will take place at St Paul's Cathedral on Friday, 3rd of June.
Taking to Twitter, Most Rev Justin Welby said he is "deeply saddened" to miss "the historic celebration" but said he will be "praying for the Queen and giving thanks for her extraordinary seventy years of service to us all".
According to Lambeth Palace, Archbishop Justin was diagnosed with mild pneumonia on Thursday last week and, under medical advice, was continuing to work but with a reduced schedule to allow for rest and recovery.
But after developing further symptoms over the weekend, he tested for positive for the coronavirus on Monday, and has now confirmed the diagnosis.
The Archbishop of York, Rt Rev Stephen Cottrell will lead the service instead.
Archbishop Justin said he hoped the Queen's "profound commitment to fostering unity and peace among all" will inspire the millions of people attending the celebration.
"Led by the love of Jesus Christ, The Queen has lived her life for the benefit of others: I pray we find inspiration from Her Majesty over the Jubilee weekend and long into the future," he continued.
The head of the Church of England is currently resting at home, avoiding contact with others and has cancelled all engagements this week. It is the first the 66 year-old has had Covid-19.
Archbishop Justin concluded: "Meanwhile as we continue to live with coronavirus, I pray too for all those who are still suffering and everyone who continues to mourn loved ones they have lost during the pandemic. May you each know the love and comfort of God.
"As we prepare to celebrate the first Platinum Jubilee in our nation's history, may God save The Queen, and bless her with the knowledge of our profound love and gratitude for her service to us all."